Welcome to Watch with Comfort, a newsletter that helps you enjoy what you watch! We break down what people have been watching this last week and what's worth your time! I'm also collecting a news and editorials that deserve your attention. Hope you enjoy and see ya next time!
Happy Halloween Everyone!
As the newsletter and YouTube channel have grown, I’ve been spending a lot of time thinking about their future together.
I’m considering a lot of options. everything from a simple name change to a full revamp.
As usual, your feedback is much appreciated as I shape the future of my work. So any thoughts you have are appreciated. Just reply to this email or leave a comment on a video.
Thank you for your time, on with the show!
This week’s issue of Watch With Comfort is brought to you by Protien.
Keep the Energy, Feel the Growth.
Learn more below.
Box Office & Streaming
Top Fives of the Week(end)
Domestic Box Office Weekend (Oct 27-29):
- Five Night’s At Freddy’s - $80m
- Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour- $15m
- Killers of the Flower Moon- $9m
- After Death - $5m
- The Exorcist: Believer - $3m
Box Office Notes:
- As expected, the winner is Five Night’s At Freddy’s . With an estimated budget of $20m, this opening weekend is pretty solid.
- Reviews are pretty mixed, with critics bashing it while the fans love it, so it’s unclear how next week will pan out for the tickets.
- My guess is the people who wanted to see it in the theater already have and that everyone else will stream it on Peacock.
- All that matters to me is that a concert movie is not #1.
Top 5 Streamed Titles (From Sept 25 - Oct 1):
- Suites - Netflix/Peacock
- Grey’s Anatomy - Netflix
- Love is Blind - Netflix
- Elemental - Disney Plus
- Bluey - Disney Plus
- Suits just cannot be stopped! Why did it have to take the top spot back?! I will accept ANYTHING ELSE in the #1 spot at this point.
- Again, I have to give credit to Netflix and Disney for dominating this list every week.
What to Watch this Week
This isn’t going to be a comprehensive list. It’s going to be curated to the most noteworthy releases. No Reality TV or Anime. Just US theatrical and streaming releases.
- The Marsh King’s Daughter
- Hits a wide release Nov 3
- Blue Eye Samurai
- Nov 3 on Netflix
- Invincible S2
- Nov 3 on Amazon Prime
- I’m very hyped for this one
- First season was a wonderful surprise, expecting this to be just as fun
- Black Cake S1
- Nov 1 on Hulu
- The Redstone family that owns Paramount Group has signaled that they’re open to a sale.
- It would be a HUGE sale, like Disney/Fox huge.
- With how large and diverse Paramount’s portfolio is, I can only assume a megacorp like Apple could pull the deal off.
- The Redstone family did give the old “if the price is right” caveat though. So they may ask more than the company’s worth, thus killing a potential sale.
- Repurposing video podcast episodes as TV show episodes is a new strategy, and one that could work!
- For a news video podcast for instance, how is that different from a news television program these days?
- I’ll be curious if we see more deals like this. Amazon owns Wondery so this was easy for them to implement.
- Could we get a Joe Rogan channel? A This American Life channel?
- They reportedly want to merge all of their video offerings into one, easy to use app.
- This would match the TV ambitions of the company’s late founder/CEO Steve Jobs.
- They’ve made progress towards Jobs’ ideal over the years, I’d be curious if this will be their final big bush.
- Considering how little attention Apple gives their TV products (aside from Apple TV Plus), I can see this going either way.
- They’ve lost over 2 million subscribers since the start of 2023.
- They’re resorting to bundle and save tactics to retain subscribers.
- But the losses are becoming pretty significant as streaming takes over.
- Cable providers have signaled that they want similar deals to what Spectrum and Disney signed a little while ago.
- There’s more to it than that but that’s the short version.
- Viewers are predicted to move to platforms with less ads as streaming services are flooded with them.
- YouTube is expected to be the biggest gainer from this trend, but FAST services (Pluto, Freevee, Tube, etc…) may also see a boost depending on their ad tech.
Ever feel low on energy?
Are you losing strength and dexterity?
Noticing poor results in the bedroom?
Then today’s sponsor will change your life!
Thank you to Protein for sponsoring this newsletter!
Protein powers your body through chemistry and biology to allow you to exist and function as a homo sapien. It helps with basic functions like muscle growth, metabolism, your monthly pay and general happiness!
But the protein in your body is not enough!
Other foods like Beef, Turkey, Fish, Eggs, Pork, Milk and even NUTS! OMG!
And if you cannot stomach any of those, you can acquire Protein in powered form!
Protein Powders available in multiple flavors like Concrete, Donkey, Big Toe and Vanilla!
Everything you need for a happy life starts with Protein, so what are you waiting for?!
- Pause Ads are on the rise
- Even Apple TV Plus is raising prices
- Peacock hits 28m subscribers
- MAX sports tier is coming soon
- Disney’s Hotter sets Cricket streaming record (after it makes a deal to sell it)
- YouTube might be losing money on NFL Sunday Ticket (and that’s okay)
- Disney replacing Daredevil Writers with Showrunners
Guess The Shot
What movie or show is this from?
I rewatched this movie just yesterday! Should be easy if you know the series (Hint).
Last week’s answer was The Social Network.